Monday, May 19, 2014

Why I Should Stay Off Facebook

Today started out a normal day. I get up, get ready for work, and get on Facebook because I had a message from a friend. So I message the friend back and look through my news feed. And what do I see? Not one, but TWO pregnancy announcements.

It makes me sick to see the pregnancy announcements on Facebook, especially from those who are much younger than me and were irresponsible in getting pregnant. In my opinion, people who are irresponsible with sex should not be rewarded with a baby, especially when that reward is something that so many women and couples struggle and pray for every day. Along with us, I know several infertile couples who are trying for a baby and would make wonderful parents.

Pregnant women and pregnant friends are the reason I should never get on Facebook. I should delete my account because of them, but I won't because I have so many other friends I like to keep in touch with. And they are not pregnant.

To my pregnant friends on Facebook, don't be offended if I block your posts for the next 9 months, including the ridiculous amount of photos of your belly, ultrasounds, and of your adorable newborn. It's not you, it's me.


No comments:

Post a Comment